If you design and remodel your bathroom yourself, you can save some money. However, the danger exists that you can make some regrettable design mistakes A well-planned bathroom remodeling project can give a homeowner many years of comfort and enjoyment. It can also boost the value of a home. Here is what to do, and what not to do when you remodel your bathroom.
Determine your bathroom remodel budget. If you plan a bathroom renovation project, determining your budget before the start of the project is an absolute must. You should not only set a budget, but also stick to it. Otherwise, you may be forced to stop work on your remodel when the money runs out. It can be costly to change your mind midway through the project, especially if you suddenly decide to install a granite countertop instead of a tile counter. Make sure you don’t deviate from your plan. Always add 20% to the final budget. This amount should be used to cover unexpected expenses.
- Get the most functional sink for your bathroom. Porcelain is a good material for a sink. However, it has the disadvantage of chipping, if misused. The solution to this problem is to get a stainless steel or enamel sink, which can withstand heavy use for many years.
- Choose a large vanity. Bathroom vanities are places where people get themselves ready for the day. The vanity space should be large enough to accommodate multiple people. More space will spare the members of the family much inconvenience in the mornings.
- Use professional help. Certain things can only be done by professionals. Installing water and sewer lines is one such task. Another example of a job that should be left to the specialists is tile floor installation. A professional can make an inexpensive tile floor look magnificent and high-end. Wiring outlets is not something you can cope with yourself, either.
- Make sure your shower is of high quality. Create a shower space that will provide you with all the comfort that you need for your daily routine.
- Don’t make the toilet the center of attention. The presence of the bathroom toilet should be discrete. Focus on the aesthetic appeal and comfort of your renovated bathroom.
If you have a bathroom remodeling project, it is highly recommended that you use the services of a good remodeler, rather than do the job yourself. Action Construction, in Ripon CA, is a company that can help you with your bathroom renovation. We charge competitive prices for our services, and deliver high quality results.
Mistakes to Avoid When Remodeling Your Kitchen
People who undertake a kitchen renovation for the first time tend to make several common mistakes. If you want to avoid these mistakes, read on to find out what they are.
Many people start with the little things and don’t focus enough on the big picture. Think of your lifestyle objectives before you choose the design elements of your kitchen. These objectives can determine the exact types of appliances, layouts and materials that you should and should not choose. For example – soap stone is a beautiful countertop material, but it requires much care. This is why it might not be suitable for young families.
- Another mistake is to think fad, not function. The average kitchen remodeling should last 12-15 years. This is why you should be careful about the design choices you make. You don’t want your kitchen to feel dated before it is even paid for. Don’t go for too trendy colors and shapes, because they are likely to have a short shelf life. However, don’t fall prey to over-customization, either.